The Borough of Hatboro Administration Department is accepting applications for the position of Office Clerk (Full Time). Those working in this position will provide administrative and clerical support to all functions of the Administration Department and Public Works Department. Candidates must be able to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Applications may be picked up at Borough Hall, 414 S. York Road, Hatboro, PA 19040.
Resumes and applications will be accepted until January 31, 2020.
Provide Administrative and clerical support for the Borough of Hatboro Administration Department and Public Works Department; provide efficient service to the community and those doing business with the Borough of Hatboro. Office Clerk generally answers multiple phone lines, greets residents and business owners daily. At times, the clerk will be asked to assume other jobs and responsibilities as assigned based on need.
Essential Job Functions:
Note: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities. This list is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive list of all functions and tasks performed by this position.
- Answers telephones, transfers calls, and takes messages
- Maintains accurate logs, records, and files in an organized manner
- Accepts payments and issues receipts for the various permits and fees collected by the Borough Administration Department
- Greets and provides assistance to those visiting or doing business with the Borough of Hatboro
- Interacts with public, employees, and other departments as needed
- Writes and types various letters as needed
- Sells memberships to Hatboro Memorial Pool
- Assists with building permits
- Makes copies of documents
- Assists Public Works Department with clerical tasks such as filing, organizing documents, copying, and maintaining accurate records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Computer Systems: Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Applications
- Copy Machines
- Facsimile and Scanners
- Digital Camera
- Credit Card Point of Sale System
- Writing Instruments, Paper
- Phone System
- Two Way Radios
- Other Related Equipment
Minimum Required Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Computer Functions
- Knowledge of the use of office equipment
Minimum Required Skills:
- Skill in communicating with public in a professional, courteous manner
- Skill in interacting with the public
- Skill in computer operations
Minimum Required Abilities:
- Ability to hear
- Ability to see
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work business days 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Minimum age of 18
- High school diploma or equivalent
- No felony convictions or conviction of any morals crime
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania PA Criminal Background Check
Supervision Received and Given:
A full time clerk generally works as a part of the administrative staff to complete tasks. A full time clerk is under the supervision of the Assistant Borough Secretary of the Borough Manager. At times, the clerk will receive duties and tasks assigned by the Superintendent of Public Works.
The Borough of Hatboro is an equal opportunity employer.