POLICE OPERATIONS CLERK (Part-time)
The Hatboro Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Operations Clerk (Part-time). Those working in this non-sworn position provide administrative and clerical support to all functions of the police department. Candidates must be able to work weekends, including night shifts. Applications maybe picked up at the Hatboro Police Department, 120 E. Montgomery Avenue, Hatboro, PA 19040. Resumes may be substituted for applications and may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work Objective: Provide administrative and clerical support for the Hatboro Police Department; provide efficient service to the community and those doing business with the Hatboro Police Department; monitor radios and security systems in police headquarters.
Essential Job Functions: Note: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities. This list is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive list of all functions and tasks performed by this position.
- Maintains accurate logs, records and files.
- Accepts payments and issues receipts for the various fines and fees collected by the Hatboro Police Department.
- Greets and provides assistance to those visiting or doing business with the Hatboro Police Department
- Answers telephones, transfers calls and takes messages
- Write and type police reports.
- Monitors video security systems
- Makes copies of reports and documents.
- Interacts with public, police employees and other law enforcement agencies
- Reports unsafe/suspicious activity
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates and monitors police, fire and emergency services radios
- Computer Systems – MS Office applications and various law enforcement software
- Copy machines
- Facsimile and Scanners
- Writing instruments, stationary and office supplies
- Two-way radios and monitors
- Video monitors and recorders
- Other related equipment
Minimum Required Knowledge:
- Knowledge of computer functions
- Knowledge of emergency operations
- Knowledge of the use of office equipment
Minimum Required Skills:
- Skill in communicating with public and employees, often during emergency conditions
- Skill in interacting with the public, often during stressful situations
- Skill in computer operations
Minimum Required Abilities:
- Ability to hear.
- Ability to see.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English. Secondary language is helpful.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including overnight shift
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No felony convictions or conviction of any morals crime.
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania Pa. criminal background check and FBI criminal background check.
Compensation: This part-time, hourly position is compensated at a base rate of $16.01 per hour.
The Borough of Hatboro is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Equal Employment opportunity guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Borough of Hatboro provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.