A strong winter storm is expected to impact our region on TODAY, 1/31/2021 ending at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, 2/2/2021. While the snowfall accumulation will be dependent upon the track of the weather system, significant accumulations, icing and high winds are expected. All of Montgomery County is now being forecasted to receive 11 to 15 inches of snow.
In preparation for this storm the Borough of Hatboro has declared a snow emergency effective 12:00 P.M. (noon), 1/31/2021. During a snow emergency, parking is prohibited along designated streets in the Borough, as follows:
- Byberry Avenue X South York Road to Borough line
- E. County Line Road X North York Road and North Warminster Road
- W. County Line Road
- Horsham Road
- Jacksonville Road
- E Montgomery Avenue X York Road & Jacksonville Road
- W Moreland Avenue
- E Moreland Avenue X York Road and Jacksonville Road
- S Penn Street X Byberry Avenue & East Moreland Avenue
- S Warminster Road X Mill Road & East Moreland Avenue
- N Warminster Road
- S. York Road X Newington Drive and Moreland Avenue
- N York Road X Moreland Avenue and County Line Road
During a snow emergency on-street parking is prohibited on the above streets. In addition, vehicles operating on roadways within the Borough of Hatboro must be equipped with snow rated tires or chains.
Declaring the snow emergency prior to the storm actually beginning, allows snow removal crews to more effectively plow from curb to curb once snow / ice begins to accumulate. We will be monitoring the storm and will adjust the snow emergency times accordingly.
If you must travel during the storm, please do so with caution. The latest winter storm warning for Hatboro may be found at: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.1787&lon=-75.1027#.YBXdtTbsZEY