A reminder on the use of consumer grade fireworks in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: While consumer grade fireworks may be purchased by adults in Pennsylvania, their use remains highly regulated. Pennsylvania’s law on fireworks changed in 2022 pursuant to PA Act 74 of 2022. The provisions of this law, include but are not limited to, the following:
Consumer Grade Fireworks
– Cannot be ignited or discharged on public or private property without express permission of the property owner. (The use of consumer grade fireworks on Borough or School District property is not permitted).
– Cannot be directed at another person.
– Cannot be discharged from or directed at a building or vehicle.
– Cannot be discharged within 150 feet of a building or vehicle regardless if the building or vehicle is owned by the user of the consumer fireworks.
– Cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance or another drug.
For details on Pennsylvania’s fireworks law please visit: