The Borough of Hatboro is now accepting applications for the Position of Pool Manager for the 2020 Pool Season. Interested parties can send a resume and letter of interest to Borough Hall or via email to email@example.com. Applications should be submitted on or before April 17, 2020. A complete job description can be found below.
Under the administrative direction of the Borough Manager, the Pool Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Hatboro Memorial Pool, as well as all pool programs and activities.
1. Administration and oversight of pool;
2. Supervision of all pool employee;
3. Daily maintenance of the pool facility;
4. Ensuring the safety of pool patrons and employees; and
5. Developing and managing pool programming.
1. Supervises all daily activities, and punctually opens and closes the pool;
2. Maintains a schedule of work hours and assigns staff to ensure adequate staffing. Ensures either the pool manager or assistant manager is on duty anytime pool is open;
3. Prepares schedules of all personnel and ensure adequate staffing for the entire season;
4. Responsible for ordering supplies for pool, daily financial records, daily deposits of money, supervising employees in stand;
5. Reports any accidents or customer complaints to Borough Manager;
6. Maintain good public relations;
7. Schedules swim lessons;
8. Responsible for opening pool for swim club; and,
9. Keep log of number of patrons per day. File monthly report to Borough Manager with copy to Council Chair for Parks, Recreation and Public Facilities.
1. Supervising employee desks and lifeguards.
MAINTENANCE OF FACILITY
1. Supervises daily maintenance of pool. Keeps pool, decks, furniture, restrooms, and dressing rooms in a clean and orderly condition daily. Insure proper supply of soap, toilet paper and paper towels for restroom;
2. Assist in any special events or programs for public; and
3. Compile certifications, child background checks, criminal background checks, and other certifications as directed by the Borough Manager
4. Maintain daily logs, chemical readings, bathing counts, daily fees, guest fees and any other fees paid at the pool.
5. Responsible for timely bank drops and reconciliation of same daily.
1. Insure safety of patrons and employees; and
2. Report any safety problems to Borough Manager.
1. Coordinate and/or schedule any special programs for pool – example: “Teen Pool Night”, etc.;
2. Perform any other related work as directed by Borough Manager; and
3. Swim lessons.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Experience in the management of an aquatics facility.
2. Certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR.
3. Lifeguard experience.
4. Strong knowledge of aquatic facility regulations.
5. Strong knowledge of pool chemicals and filtration system.
6. The ability to work independently.
7. A professional and patient demeanor.
8. Exceptional communication, record keeping and diplomacy skills.
9. WIS and Certified Pool Operator certification preferred, but not required.
10. Experience in interacting with State and Montgomery County Health Departments